A Nervous Cricket in God's Hand


Isaiah 49:16 See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.
Isaiah 49:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


I thought of being in God's hand this morning. I had a choice to stay or nervously jump out thinking about the fields around me I must explore.

Like a cricket I jump, out of God's hand into a field looking for self help. "I must do this. God may not." Then I jump around in the grass with an annoying chirp, chirp, "Woe is me."

In God's mercy and love, He picks me up and I am in His palm again when I chirp up at Him, "Help me, Father God. I believe Jesus died for me and You will keep me in Your hand."

Lord God,
Forgive me for leaving Your hand in doubt and self reliance.
I acknowledge You and Your promise to direct my path. Quiet my mind and heart. Fill it with faith in You so I am not dismayed.

Your Word says as I trust in You, Lord, with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding, You will direct my path. You will make it a straight path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Let me always see myself in Your palm, and not looking nervously in fear at the field around me in doubt and unbelief. Help me not lean on my own understanding as Proverbs says, but to trust You. Thank You for keeping me safe. In Jesus' name. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁