What are good Bible verses for healing?



 
 Psalm 147:3: He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Proverbs 17:22: A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. James 5:15: And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
 
Isaiah 33:24  "And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity."
 
Frazer's commentary on Isaiah 33:24  in Penny Pulpit says in short,  original sin is the root cause of sickness. 
 
Matthew Henry's commentary on Isaiah 33:24, "The people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity, not only the body of the nation forgiven their national guilt in the removing of the national judgment, but particular persons, that dwell therein, shall repent, and reform, and have their sins pardoned. And this is promised as that which is at the bottom of all other favours; he will do so and so for them, for he will be merciful to their unrighteousness, Hebrews 8:12. Sin is the sickness of the soul. When God pardons the sin he heals the disease; and, when the diseases of sin are healed by pardoning mercy, the sting of bodily sickness is taken out and the cause of it removed; so that either the inhabitant shall not be sick or at least shall not say, I am sick. If iniquity be taken away, we have little reason to complain of outward affliction. Son, be of good cheer; thy sins are forgiven thee."
 
Hebrews 8:12

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."

 
The apostle Paul says, "As in Adam all die but in Christ shall all be made alive."  1 Corinthians 15:22
 
Isaiah 53:5   "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed."
 
Jesus took the punishment for our sins.  Looking to Him with a thankful heart, we can be encouraged that He also brought us healing in this sinful world. 
 
 
Matthew 9:4-8

"4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, 'Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.' And he arose and departed to his house."

When Adam sinned he passed this sin down to all generations of humanity.  Consequently, man has also received the penalty of sin in his sinful body, sickness and death. 

Jesus took the punishment for our sins when He died on Calvary.  He also took the penalty of death and dying. 

Only in God's eternal kingdom will mankind be able to not say I am sick because "the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity."

Jesus King of Kings and Lord of Lords will reign forever.  There will be no more death or dying as is common on the earth now due to the reign of sin. Our bodies as well as our souls will then be redeemed.

However, Jesus has power today to forgive and to heal.  I pray for the ones I know who need healing to be transformed by the precious blood of Jesus through His Holy Spirit. 

I pray like John in 3 John 2, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."

I pray that each one not say, "I am sick" because they are full of the knowledge of the Lord in knowing their sins are forgiven.

In Isaiah there are beautiful applications to make for our personal lives.  However, God's promise to fulfill His covenant with Israel is proclaimed by the Prophet Isaiah.  Believing that God will do so for the nation of Israel during the end gives us more confidence in knowing He will keep His word to all who believe in the saving grace of His dear Son, Jesus Christ.  Thank You, Gracious Heavenly Father.  

One final thought is that God has the final say.  As my daughter says sometimes, "I can trust God for my salvation."  Isn't that the most important!  The Apostle Paul prayed for his"thorn in the flesh to be removed" but at last declared that God's grace is sufficient.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10, "And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

 


Comments

  1. It is difficult for us to view sickness not as a curse but as a blessing - yet as children of God, He allows some of us to be afflicted knowing He will use it to bring a closeness to Him that goes above and beyond the norm. I have known some Christians who eventually thank God for their afflictions for this very reason. We are told to rejoice in our sufferings (Romans 5:3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment please.

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁