I AM the Voice of One Crying in the Wilderness (My verse for 2023)

I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness....
(my verse for 2023)
John 1:23
He ( John the Baptist) said: “I am ‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Make straight the way of the LORD,” ’ as the prophet Isaiah said.”

Around midnight December 31, 2022 the words, "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness" came in my mind. So I am taking this verse the Holy Spirit brought to mind and making it my verse for the year.

I have already applied it to my life this morning! Praise You Lord Jesus!

Father God, in the midst of the wilderness of my life and the world around me, I want to be reminded of this verse every day in 2023. I pray that I am aware each day of Your Holy Spirit's presence, hearing and responding to Your voice so that Your voice is my voice. Help me to do Your will in preparing the way for Your blessed appearing. I pray we all will be ready and not ashamed at Your coming. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

 This world has been a wildernessI'm ready for deliveranceLord, I've never been this homesick before (Dottie Rambo and Jesse Dixon)

Comments

  1. I love this verse and it is so fitting. Just as John the Baptist was preparing the way for Christ's first coming, we, too, should be preparing the way for his second coming. And also as John stated he must decrease so Christ would increase, we should consider ourselves less than and Christ more than!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. Praise God! Thanks for thoughtful comment. You got what I meant!

      Delete
    2. Also I like what you added about Jesus increasing in our lives. May it be so this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment please.

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁