The Red Cord, A Symbol of Redemption

 

The Red Cord, a Symbol of Redemption

 
Rahab, a prostitute, was one of the ancestors of Jesus mentioned in Matthew 1:5. She was the great-grandmother of King David. She hung a red cord from the window where she helped the spies of Israel escape and was spared with her family when Israel attacked Jericho (Joshua 2:18 and 6:25).

Every Christmas I put out my red cord to remind me that there is no sin Jesus did not redeem. When I think I have sinned too much to be used by God, I remember Rahab, a redeemed prostitute in the ancestry of Jesus. I think, “Jesus’ blood was represented by that red cord. His blood cleanses us from all our sins so that we can do marvelous things in His name.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁