A Cardboard Jesus (commentary on memes)

 


 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.  Isaiah 57:15

I just unintentionally saw the first meme of Jesus that I have ever seen and hope never to see one again. I was so sad, but I refrained from leaving a comment on my  Bible study app.  In looking for some information on this particular meme, I discovered that a non-Christian finds these memes disrespectful to Jesus.  This particular meme was on Pinterest. I guess this guy on my Bible app got it there. At least he did not create it himself. However, he did use it.

I wanted to  correct the one who posted this disrespectful meme but I was advised by a knowing person to let it go.  She said you won't make any difference, and it is not your responsibility. So why do I feel I must speak out against disrespectful memes of Jesus?

I could not get the image of this meme out of my mind for days.  It upsets me now to think of "Christians" belittling Jesus. The following definition of "belittle" is from Google Search.


Comments

  1. I tried to fix it so I get your comment, Lisa. Hope it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude 1:3 says "contend for the faith that was entrusted to God's holy people" Contend means strive to defend and entrust means to put something into someone's care or protection. God has given His children something very precious with the instruction to protect it and defend it - faith. You are contending for the faith - thank you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Thank You Lord, it finally got published. Thank You that Lisa kept trying. Help us to keep on contending for the faith as we wait for You, Jesus.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment please.

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁