What If Judas . . . ?

 


 Matthew 27:3-5 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders. “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.”
“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.”
So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 

 I talked with someone recently who said that Judas was their favorite character in the Bible because he did wrong and took care of the situation by hanging himself. 

The problems with Judas are that he acted as his own God. He confessed his sin to the priests and took their advice by taking on himself the punishment for his sin.

I had never thought of Judas this way, but I prayed a silent prayer as I discussed Judas with a friend so that I would know what to say. I am sure these thoughts are probably posted somewhere on the internet, but it was a revelation to me! Praise You Lord God! Thank You for Your Holy Spirit!

I could see Judas in my mind going to the cross and embracing the bloody feet of Jesus as he prayed like one of the repentant thieves on the cross beside Jesus.

 I could hear him say as he wept, "Jesus!  Forgive me!  I deserve to die not You!  I am so sorry for betraying You!"

However, Judas judged and punished himself!   What a witness he would have been  had he not taken on the responsibility of the punishment for his sin.

Some may say that my imagination has gone too far. However, I am not adding to God's Word. I am making the point that Jesus forgives all who surrender to him. Jesus even said on the cross, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing." Luke 23:34

Father God, thank You that Jesus took our punishment for our sins. All have sinned and come short of Your glory.  We can do nothing to atone for our inherited sin, and willing sins.You laid on Jesus the inquity of us all.

 Search our hearts and show us what we need to confess and help us repent and turn the other way toward Your glorious Light, Jesus. 

Draw us all to Jesus!  Let us see the truth that we can never be good enough to enter heaven. We ask for the righteousness of Jesus to clothe us right now as Jesus extends His scepter of righteousness to us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Hebrews 1:8

 But to the Son He says:

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;

A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁