Remembering Mom on Her 108th Birthday


 
 
 
Today 108 years ago my mother, Annie Myrtle Murphy Barnes, was born. She believed in Jesus as her Lord and Savior and read her Bible regularly. She listened to gospel ole time preachers on the radio. (She left this world in 1998.)

I want to share what a blessing she was in my life and I asked God to tell her I appreciate how she equipped me for this life in Jesus.

I appreciate the sacrifice my dad and my mom made to provide what I had. One thing was piano lessons. My mom ordered gospel song books from the preachers she listened to. She got 1 or 2 from Billy Graham. I was singing one of the songs this morning and remembered today was her birthday.

The song I was singing was "All That Thrills My Soul is Jesus." Here are the lyrics in my sweet mom's memory.

All That Thrills My Soul 

Who can cheer the heart like Jesus
By His presence all divine
True and tender, pure and precious
O, how blest to call Him mine

All that thrills my soul is Jesus
He is more than life to me
And the fairest of ten thousand
In my blessed Lord I see

Love of Christ so freely given
Grace of God beyond degree
Mercy higher than the heavens
Deeper than the deepest sea

By the crystal flowing river
With the ransomed I will sing
And forever and forever
Praise and glorify the King
 
All that thrills my soul is Jesus
He is more than life to me
And the fairest of ten thousand
In my blessed Lord I see

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁