Watchful in Prayers or Entertainment?

 

 
But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 1 Peter 4:7

This verse came to my mind the other day. We in America are obsessed with entertainment in some form. We are a society of leisure time. Most Americans, I would say, live in a nice place compared to many around the world. God warned the children of Israel not to forget Him when they moved into their nice homes in the promised land.

I think we have forgotten God. A number of years ago I threw a video away which portrayed Jesus as a practical joker who was constantly laughing and joking.

The film maker wanted to show that Jesus was just like us. WRONG! How many pray from 3-6 in the morning to overcome the flesh?  I believe Jesus had to spend a lot of time every day before His Father to be able to overcome the flaws in His humanity and ultimately say, "Not my will but Yours be done."

It grieves me to see how people are disrespecting our Lord and Savior and just being entertained thinking, "He was just a good ole boy."

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁