Spiritual Amnesia


 

Spiritual Amnesia

My last round with Spiritual Amnesia occurred recently.  I was talking with someone I love very much as he and I were walking down the road to Despondency.  There were dangerous boulders all along the path and I was walking very closely to the edge of the precipice of the Pool of No Hope.

He was carrying the Umbrella of Resistance and moved closer to me to shelter me from the sweet rain of Faith gently coming down from above. He usually carries this umbrella, especially when he feels depressed and hopeless, so as to be shielded from the blessings of Truth from above as the enemy wishes.

As he moved closer to me in avoiding the shelter of his umbrella, I stumbled and fell upon a big boulder of Hopelessness.  When I came to, I could not remember very much about Faith and God’s Love.  That’s when I knew something was wrong.

However, the amnesia was not fully recognized until I started to get mad at God, and yell out, “Where are You in our hopeless walk of chronic illness, and no faith?” 

I began to have a troubled mind.  My focus was negative.  My voice was angry.  My tolerance was zero.  My desire to pray was wavering as I doubted its effect on this treacherous walk.  I could not recall any blessings of God at all, past or present, or promised future.

A few days later, I began to regain consciousness. I had to go to the narrow path which is a difficult walk but one supplied with water all along the way. I began to heal and my memory of God’s blessings returned.  The negative thoughts subsided.  I picked up a cool drink and rested by a beautiful waterfall.

Hebrews 10:35-36:  So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!  Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

 

Comments

  1. This is a beautiful allegory - reminds me a little of Hind's Feet on High Places. Your allegory teaches us how easily we can fall into the mire but that God is there to pick us up out of it every time. Blessings to you and your son!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment please.

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁