How to Show We Really Care about Someone

 


The Apostle Paul in, 1 Corinthians 9:9-23,  tells us that he is all things to all people and he lists examples in these verses.  I believe he was an empath through the grace of God and the power of God's  Holy Spirit.

God changed Paul through the saving grace of Jesus who forgave him and restored him. Paul was transformed from a persecutor of Christians to an empathetic missionary of the gospel of Jesus Christ who literally shone a light on Paul's path on the road to Damascus.

Someone who is empathetic will likely smile and take the trouble to remember people's names. According to a google search, this behavior along with  giving people your full attention in meetings, being curious about their lives and interests, and offering constructive feedback are all empathic behaviors. 

Also, according to a google search, empaths are highly sensitive individuals, who have a keen ability to sense what people around them are thinking and feeling. Psychologists may use the term empath to describe a person that experiences a great deal of empathy, often to the point of taking on the pain of others at their own expense.

I don't think I am an empath naturally.  However, with the help of God's Holy Spirit I can learn how to show others that I really care about them.  

 Here’s a list of empath statements to have handy at all times according to Couples Thrive website. With God's Holy Spirit guidance, I plan to use some of these with people not in the couple category.

  1. You’re making total sense.
  2. I understand how you feel.
  3. You must feel so hopeless.
  4. I just feel such despair in you when you talk about this.
  5. You’re in a tough spot here.
  6. I can feel the pain you feel.
  7. The world needs to stop when you’re in this much pain.
  8. I wish you didn’t have to go through that.
  9. I’m on your side here.
  10. I wish I could have been with you in that moment.
  11. Oh, wow, that sounds terrible.
  12. You must feel so helpless.
  13. That hurts me to hear that.
  14. I support your position here.
  15. I totally agree with you.
  16. You are feeling so trapped!
  17. You are making total sense.
  18. That sounds like you felt really disgusted!
  19. No wonder you’re upset.
  20. I’d feel the same way you do in your situation.
  21. I think you’re right.
  22. I see. Let me summarize: What you’re thinking here is…
  23. You are in a lot of pain here. I can feel it.
  24. It would be great to be free of this.
  25. That must have annoyed you.
  26. That would make me mad too.
  27. That sounds infuriating.
  28. That sounds frustrating.
  29. That is very scary.
  30. Well I agree with most of what you’re saying.
  31. I would have also been disappointed by that.
  32. That would have hurt my feelings also.
  33. That would make me sad too
  34. Wow, that must have hurt.
  35. I understand what you’re feeling.
  36. You are making a lot of sense to me.
  37. Okay, I think I get it. So what you’re feeling is…
  38. Let me try to paraphrase and summarize what you’re saying. You’re saying…
  39. I would have trouble coping with that.
  40. What I admire most about what you’re doing is…
  41. That would make me feel insecure.
  42. That sounds a little frightening.
  43. Tell me what you see as your choices here.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁