Advance Quickly When You Hear the Stirring in the Tops of the Mulberry Trees


 

Psalm 63:1 O God, you are my God;
    I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water.

 Commentators speculate that the reference to deserts implies places less touched by God's blessing.

Matthew 12:43 4 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

 I think of these verses on dry and sunny days, as well as on humid and cloudy days.  For some reason I feel God's presence more in low humidity, 40 percent or less, and I feel depressed and hopeless on days of high humidity into 70 percent or more, especially on cloudy days full of dampness and mold.

I could not find much on this when I googled so if you read this and have any insight, please post and tell me what you think of "my thinking."

My thinking is:

 Demons like swamps and wet places since, according to Matthew 12:43, they go through dry places when cast out of a person and can find no rest. Some commentators, as I posted above, say that a desert or dry place implies places less touched by God's blessing. David says in Psalm 63:1 that his soul thirsts for God in a parched and weary land where there is no water. 

So does it follow that we do not search for God or desire to call out to him in except in dry places, being lack of blessing such as sickness, loneliness, depression, pain, or any other need?  In wet places  we are hindered by demons who inhabit  these,  for example Haiti which is  full of witchcraft as well as humidity and mold. 

The presence of demons in the wet places blind our eyes and harden our hearts so we do not recognize our need for God's intervention in our lives. We are in such bad shape we only think of our woeful circumstances as being something to put up with, and God is not in our thoughts. 

When the demons can not find rest in dry places, we are not hindered from thinking of God in a dry and parched land, and like David, we call out to God. The heavens seem open to me at times on these dry and sunny days.  There seems to be a "stirring in the mulberry trees," as Charles Spurgeon wrote in one of his devotionals. 

 I feel my prayers are going past the fluffy clouds and on past the sun into the Holy of Holies before God's throne.  Jesus is extending His scepter of righteousness to me. My faith is thereby increased on dry and sunny days when mold spores are at their lowest, and there is a stirring in the mulberry trees of God's mighty army marching against the enemy of our souls.

Samuel 5:25

And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall advance quickly. For then the Lord will go out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines.
 
Father God, my Deliverer and Captain of my salvation, fortify me to pray like the prayer warrior You want me to be as I go forth in battle against principalities and powers of darkness above on days when Your heavenly air carries my prayers to Your throne unhindered.  Help me to redeem the time when I hear the stirring in the mulberry trees. In Jesus' name. Amen.

                                                                    

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁