Cary's SOAP: In You I find strength, hope, and rest.



S - 1 Chron. 16:11 (NIV) - “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.”
Psalms 62:5 (NIV) - “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.

O - Look to God to find strength, hope, and rest.

A - All throughout Scripture, God reminds us that it is in Him that we find strength, rest, and hope. All three are so desperately needed, and even more so as we face uphill battles as the days become more evil. Without God, we would just bounce from crisis to crisis and there would be no getting away from the turmoil that we live in daily, both within us and around us. This is not God’s way, and why it is so vitally important to still ourselves daily, sit and wait upon the Lord, and let His strength renew us, let His peace restore us, and let His Spirit infuse us with hope.

P - Father God, how great is Your Name and how great are the works of Your hand! I praise and exalt You above all forever and ever. Abba, I thank You that You are such a loving Father. I thank You that in You I find strength for all that is set before me; in You I find rest so that I am restored; and in You I find hope for each day, regardless of the circumstances. Thank You for holding me fast in the palm of Your hand, even when I struggle, and not letting me go. Thank You for bringing me times of refreshing so that I am able and equipped to stand firmly when all around me is chaos. I choose this day and every day, as an act of my will, to surrender my own strength and press into You. I don’t do well when I am fighting uphill battles on my own. In You I find rest that brings restoration, so that when my mind is going 1,000 miles per hour, I simply need to look to You, and You still the turmoil. Jesus, Lover of my soul, I choose to lean upon Your breast as John the Beloved did, to wait at Your feet the way Mary did, and allow You to have Your way in me. In You and You alone I have hope. I praise You, I thank You, and I love You to the core of my being. Be exalted in me, Lord Jesus, for the glory of Your Name
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁