Open Fists Become Raised Hands

S: 1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

O: Peter says we are to do the opposite of what comes natural because we are called so that we may inherit a blessing.

P: Father God,  we are Your children through Jesus Christ, Your Son. We have Your Holy Spirit in us.  However, we also still have the old nature with which we were born.  It is so easy to just blurt out comments naturally.

  Help us to be aware of Your Holy Spirit within us who believe. Help us get Your Word in our hearts each day and be surrendered to You so that the meditations of our hearts cause our words to be acceptable in Your sight, O God my Lord and my Redeemer.  

Forgive me for trying to vindicate evil by being evil myself in the words I send out.

Turn our hurt feelings, judgmental attitudes, anger at being attacked, and attempt to defend our integrity into prayers of blessings for the one who is doing evil and shouting insults (via vocal or on the internet social media).

Show us what is really in our hearts to react in such angry ways such as yelling at drivers, raising our voices to defend our behavior, or sending angry responses in writing. 

 It is the heart that causes the mouth to repay insult, and the body to be ready to pounce like an animal of the jungle. 

Cause our mouths to close, and our fists to open up into raised hands of praise to You.  I pray I will  thank You for all Your blessings on me.  I pray I will be ready to receive more of Your blessings as I endeavor to bless those who insult or do evil against me.

May this be true for all who read this prayer. May this be true in our homes, churches, neighborhoods, states, country, and the world.

I realize this prayer will  only be answered for people whose hearts are inclined to peace. Soften hearts and make them plowed up to receive Your Word. Keep the enemy from stealing the seeds You plant.

I ask this prayer for all of us in the name of the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, our soon coming King.  Hallelujah to the Lamb of God!  

Heavenly Father, Deliver us from evil (the evil one) for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever Amen.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁