Jesus' Wounds, Bruises, Chastisement, and Stripes Are Hard to Comprehend

 

Isaiah 53:5

But He was wounded for our transgressions,

He was bruised for our iniquities;

The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,

And by His stripes we are healed.

 

Father God, This verse  in Isaiah foretold Jesus ' death for us. It is so very hard to imagine how Your Son suffered to redeem us from our sins, give us peace, and heal us.  

Forgive us for not taking time to come before You with repentant and thankful hearts. The price You paid sending Jesus is beyond our comprehension. Jesus, we cannot imagine how You suffered physically, and what the pain of separation from Father God was like. 

I am almost embarrassed to talk about this because of failure as a human in understanding it.  I focus on the end result of it all.  I don't like to look at what happened before Jesus said, "It is finished." 

Make me aware of the sacrifice Father and Son paid.

I am so thankful I am on this side of the cross. I truly owe a debt I cannot pay.  May my life shine the love You have given me. May one day You say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."  

Thank You so much for sending us Your Holy Spirit.  May we all be aware each morning we get up of His abiding presence in those of us who have asked forgiveness and asked You to come into our lives.

 May everyone reading this surrender to You and come to know Your joy, peace, and hope because of Your suffering, Jesus.  In Your name I pray. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁