How Can I Be Somber

 I cannot participate in Lent and be somber for 46 days from Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday when I know my Lord Jesus is sitting in heavenly places.

 He conquered death, sin, and the grave over 2000 years ago.

Jesus has given me joy unspeakable and it overflows more often sometimes than others. I cannot bury my "Hallelujahs" and dig them up at sunrise on Easter. 

It is the praise given to me by God's Holy Spirit that keeps me from daily "somber" living.  

I do agree that believers should daily ask forgiveness for our sins as we desire to live a life full of praise and obedience each day to our Lord Jesus. 

Fasting is taught by Jesus so that we can become stronger in His Holy Spirit 365 days a year. I have great need to practice this fully. I am aware of limiting my enjoyment of this world to focus on eternal things.

How can I be somber?  I am anticipating my Lord Jesus' return any day now. 

I endeavor to perpetually live in a "JOYOUS season"!

Comments

  1. Unspeakable joy because we are in the heavenly places with him! Hallelujah!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment please.

Popular posts from this blog

Is Your Name Written There?

Why I Cannot Believe in the Doctrine of Election

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME SEVENTY-EIGHT TIMES ON FEBRUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🧁